Forward-thinking dental practices recognize dental sleep as the next growth area – equal to the cosmetic boom of the last decade. And this new revenue opportunity directly improves the patients’ health. With an estimated 25% of the US population suffering from sleep apnea and 80% of those untreated, there is patient demand for a more convenient and comfortable oral appliance therapy.
WE KEEP YOU ADVANCING
Sleep Impressions is a comprehensive program to help you develop, manage, and grow sleep medicine in your dentistry practice. We provide:
- Medical insurance billing through in-network provider, meaning less time and effort for your staff, less out of pocket expense for your patients, and faster time to treatment and payment
- Marketing of your sleep dentistry program to local dentists and physicians, including access to their non-compliant CPAP patients.
- Monthly feedback to show your successes and look for areas to improve.
Sleep Impressions is a network of dentists trained in dental sleep medicine that bill medical insurance through in-network contracts as a single “practice”. Becoming an affiliate, or contractor, of Sleep Impressions means:
- Billing in-network lowers the cost to the patient resulting in significantly more cases for you.
- The Sleep Impressions staff will handle verification of benefits, insurance claim submissions, and patient collections.
- Our simple documentation and processes help to streamline your dental sleep practice.
- In-network authorization and claim processing is shorter resulting in faster time to payment.
- It allows you to focus on clinical treatment and be compensated appropriately!
EVEN MORE BENEFITS
Management and Marketing of OA Program
- Partnership with national HST provider (Millennium Sleep Lab)
- Contracted with Medicare/Medicaid, private insurance, and Care Credit.
- Software integration to check status of test and receive script electronically
- Verification of accurate documentation for medical necessity of test and OA
- Network of sleep physicians to provide order of test, interpretation of test results, and oral appliance script
- Network of DME’s and current patient database to identify non-compliant PAP users
- Marketing of Dental Oral Appliance services to physicians ordering sleep studies.
- Monthly statistics on referrals, study orders, scripts, and billing
- Quarterly review and re-evaluation of insurance and contracts
Comments or questions are welcome.